Just so yall know I CAN TOO make a smaller blog entry and a positive one at that! ;)
1. I am thankful that I am a child of a Heavenly Father who does love me.
2. I am thankful that #1 was found safe and is in a good place right now!
3. I am thankful for a wonderful family who loves and supports me and lifts me up when I am most downtrodden and reminds me of WHO loves me and understands what I am going thru even before I talk to HIM about it.
4. I am thankful that AP and C are getting tied together next week and that means that a WHOLE bunch of the clan will conveine in my area over the next few days to one week so that I can have real hugs to go with all the virtual ones that just don't quite feel as good as the real deal.
5. I am thankful for my husband who supports me sometimes in ways I don't see because I am too stubborn but never says, "If you would just use your eyes..."
6. I am thankful for the Gospel and the comfort that it can bring when I actually heed its advice.
7. I am thankful for scripture that shows me not only how to overcome obstacles in my path but directs me to a less rocky path when I actually delve into its richness and bounty.
8. I am thankful because I am alive and here today.
9. I am thankful for my children even when they are doing things that make me unhappy.
10. I am thankful for the forgiveness of the Father that I might reside with Him again one day.
12 June 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
One lesson that I've learned this past year was that a lot of times in life things don't always go our way - weather due to our own actions or not. But you can always choose how you're going to react to what happens to you. You Can choose to be happy in life right now, you don't have to put off happiness for some distant far off time that you can't even begin to see now. "Choose to have joy in your present situation" was theme for a sacrament meeting talk that I heard which has had a great impact on how I view things now.
2 Nephi 2:26
"And the Messiah cometh in the fulness of time, that he may redeem the children of men from the fall. And because that they are redeemed from the fall they have become free forever, knowing good from evil; to act for themselves and not to be acted upon, save it be by the punishment of the law at the great and last day, according to the commandments which God hath given."
I really like John's comment. I know I am a little late to comment (I am just getting caught up on blogs), but I wanted to give my input and support. I cannnot immagine how hard this must have been for you. However, I know what it's like when someone you love breaks your heart. So sometimes it's like what John said, that sometimes we have to change our list of "what must happen before I will be happy" and choose to be happy in present circumstances.
Post a Comment