The girls' had a ball playing in our backyard together with our downstairs neighbors and over at the park as well before Aunt Princess came to pick up little Princess A. Next, we spent some time coloring with markers and paper though one member of Castle Town had more fun using her body as a canvas. I got a really pretty picture of my house from her older sister C to hang on my refrigerator though since I obviously couldn't hang the other artwork there! ;)
Then, we had dinner. We finally got our FHE lesson off to a start and had fun singing family favorites before and after the lesson. Then, we all went to the kitchen for our "treat". Little Princess A returned for our Little Girls' Slumber party during our treat so everyone was happy again. I think our popcicles were the hit of the evening.
After our treats, we did baths in pairs and watched movies. As you can see, our youngest Castle Town resident couldn't quite make it to prayers and bedtime. She was in the first group of bathers and enjoyed playing in Bria's room until she heard the movie that the second group of bathers put on. And as she climbed upon the couch, she crashed mid-way. Too cute! (And Aunt Dani felt a bit bad for taking so long to get Wee Ones to bed!)Obviously, I haven't ever had 6 girls 10 and under almost alone before and I unrealistically expected to have dinner done by 6 pm with FHE following and baths over by 8:30 pm followed by a round of story book reading, prayers, teeth brushing, and then bed by 9/9:30 pm at the latest. Sadly, the last wee one wasn't down for the night until 12:30 am (besides our couch crasher, the earliest in bed sleeping was about 11:20 pm!). We did much to get that to happen including trying to call her mommy and daddy just to hear their voices and printing out a copy of her parents and siblings so she could sleep with them next to her on her pillow. (This is a step up from our last few previous sleep-overs at Aunt Dani's house with her as those times it resulted in either B coming to get her around 11 pm or me running her home about the same time as she was missing her mommy and daddy to much!)
I went to bed shortly after my last little girl did because it was EXHAUSTING getting that many fed, bathed, and in bed. (I now know next year to have dinner cooked by 4 pm if I want all wee ones in bed before 10 pm!) We got woke up around five when Little Princess A needed to potty and wanted some reassurance from her mommy and daddy too. She went back to bed though after getting no answer on Prince T's phone.
Paul of course had to work on Tuesday so I got up when he did in order to be ready for all those little girls when they awoke. I foolishly thought I would have at least an hour before I saw the first little head but a mean motorcycle drove by and woke the 2nd oldest Castle Town girl who, after investigating that "dishwashing" noice she heard in the kitchen, kindly woke the rest of the little girls up for me at 7:40 am! Haha! Breakfast went off w/out a hitch and all settled down to watch some more movies afterward.
And just as I was getting them ready to dress for the day and go play out in the backyard, Taffy called to say she was coming to pick up 4 of our little girls. Mimi wasn't happy to lose her 4 cousins but was glad to stay and play with Bria for a bit longer. They decided they wanted to play in the waterhose in the backyard and invited Buddy to come over as well. Those 3 (Bria, Mimi, and Buddy) played together quite happily till B came for her two around 4 pm. And Sweetsa would have been welcome to stay the day as well but she was a bit upset with me for sending Brit to spend a few weeks with her dad in Ohio and was having NOTHING to do with me that day! Little stinker!
So, be prepared the next time I ask to keep your wee ones overnight that when I return them to you, they will be lacking in sleep but well taken care of otherwise!



4 comments:
Sounds like a fun get together! Dani, I don't know how you managed all those little ones at once but I am sure the girls loved it and will never forget it.
My kids love seeing the pictures again. Naomi Keeps asking if she can go to Bria's house for another party. What a good time they had.
I hope this is not too little too late, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a fun party for those girls. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.
Hey Paul-
This is Ceramic- I know it has been a very long time since you left a comment on my last blog. I have been a huge slacker, I am working on it. I hope you all are doing well. Have a great day.
Post a Comment