We R Da Nuts

27 May 2006

Robot questions

This started as a comment on Javich's blog. But it was too long and has been so long since he actually made the post, I figured I'd make my own post, and hopefully start some discussion. (I do want feed back on my questions.)

I like his climate comparison. =D

I've got some questions about robots. Are they only a threat to old people, or should I be paying Old Glory $4 per month. (We do have a bunch of meds; will they come after me and Dani too?) My second question is are they sure it's the scientists that are building the robots and not the engineers? It seems to me that robot building is more an engineering discipline (applied science/technology) rather than a scientific (fundamental laws research) one. What do the family scientists and engineers think. (I'd welcome input from non-family scientists and engineers, I just don't think any are reading this blog. *shrug*)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sph-1 says I am neither a scientist nor an engineer so can not make much comment. Besides I am a family member. shrug!

Froga-lee said...

It's those nanobots in the medications that have me anxious. They don't have big metal claws but what do you do if they're holding your heart valve hostage or tying your ganglia into pretzels? We'd need tiny superheros but would you trust a bacteria, a virus or a protozoan to think on its psuedopodia and get the job done?

Ree said...

I think the robots could be dangerous to younger people as well. If I saw one, I think I could possibly die laughing? Do you think Old Glory covers that?

Harvey said...

Engineers make robots. I've seen them. The robots I've seen made do things like spotweld automobile frames, apply filter gaskets, bend tubes, make milk jugs, and inspect mufflers.

If there are robots who subsist on old peoples medecine, it is probably a ploot by the pharmaceutical companies to increase demand for their products both by increasing senior citizen stress and by direct consumption. Yes, they would stoop that low. After all, they advertise almost as much as politicians.

John said...

Yes you should worry about robots! "They're made of metal and robots are strong." "Old Glory Insurance-for when they metal ones come for you."