We R Da Nuts

02 April 2006

Babies, Braces, Breezy, and Brit



I honestly am not silent because I want to be. I just often don't think I have anything of relevance to share. But, I will share some things from my week that made me smile. :)

Brit got her braces on Wednesday morning. This is what she looks like now. To say she was less than thrilled would be an understatement but she has been a real trooper about having them put on. She sat thru an hour long appointment getting 12 shots in her mouth to have 2 cavities filled and 3 teeth removed a week before the 45 min appt to affix the braces. She even humored me taking photos during the event Wednesday. :) And, after a few painful days of her mouth really hurting, she's mostly adjusted to having them now. Well, except for getting the insides of her cheeks hung on them from time to time. She now has to brush more than 2x a day and flossing will be an ordeal to put it mildly. And, she is due to live with this new smile until her 18th birthday or longer (especially since she opted to have the colored bands put on which will lengthen the time in braces by 3 months at a minimum).

Bet you're wondering why babies in this post about Brit and her braces, eh? Well, we kept Kaitlyn and Jacob tonight from a bit after 5 pm until a bit after 9 pm for B tonight. And, after Brit decided that Katey couldn't sleep in her carseat anymore (a whole 3 minutes after B walked out the door), Katey bug decided that she needed to be the center of attention. EVERYONE'S attention. She's normally such a sweet and contented baby. But, alas, waking up in some strange place and NOT having one's mommy about is probably enough to make any normally placid baby get a bit um should we say boisterous? Add to that the fact that Katey doesn't like formula anymore and Brit insisted on trying to give her some after she got tired of being drooled all over from a 6 month old drinking water from a cup, and you can see it wasn't going very well.

Needless to say, Jacob was in heaven. He got to pull about 10 card games off the game shelf (while everyone else was trying to placate Katey and Paul was gone to the Priesthood portion of Conference) and spread their entire contents all over the living room floor. We got them all cleaned up though before B came to pick them up.

Back to Katey bug though, she became a very unhappy camper after going thru her jar of peas and also her rice cereal and still no boob! Geesh! What was wrong with us? Trying to offer her a dumb old bottle full of fake stuff?!? :D Brit briefly got her to sleep but that lasted a whole 20 minutes before Mr. J woke her up looking for Brit in her room where she was laying down with our sleeping angel. The next hour was spent trying to convince Katey that she wasn't that hungry to no avail. I did manage to get her to drink about 10 drops of the formula from the sippy cup though as she screamed a bit and I dripped a drop in. This was always followed by a scowl from our fair maiden.

Brit had a moment or two to fuss at Katey (not harshly but gently) because during Katey's fit, she reared back and bumped into Brit's tender mouth. Guess teeth with braces don't feel too good after getting rammed. Brit said, "Katey, you're making me irritated!" It was kind of funny too. Katey just looked at her like, "And? You're point would be?"

I noticed how wet her sleeper had gotten when I went to change her diaper and as luck would have it, there were no replacement clothes for her in the bag B brought. I was hoping that we might have some suitable clothing in the girls' old stash of doll clothes since most are real baby clothes but no such luck there either. So, I opted to strip the girl down and planned on wrapping her in a blanket or two while we tumbled her clothes dry again when it occurred to me that a nice bath might sooth our darling and get her calmed down enough to forget that we didn't have the right boobs at hand.

Worked like a charm. She enjoyed her little bath curtesy of Brit (this made Mr. J a bit upset because he LOVES taking baths at our house and we didn't let him in with Katey). Once her bath was done and she was bundled back up in her nice warm dry clothes, our gal was right as rain again. Full of smiles and giggles. And this allowed us to help Mr. J clean up the 10 games he had out and get him into his jammies too before B got there.

Jacob did a few totally cute things while over today too. First, not long after B left, I was sitting at my computer and Paul at his. Jacob was over at Brit's and Brit was somewhere in the living room holding Katey. Paul and I were playing some pogo.com games together in order that he and I might win a badge for our membership there. The game was cribbage and we each had 2 playing fields open on our screens. We were running an auto program that played the games for us so we didn't have to. I had looked at it, saw he and I were winning and then gone to the bathroom. Upon returning, I saw that he and I had lost and exclaimed, "What?! How did we lose?!" And Jacob immediately piped up, "I don't know!" haha

Then, a bit later, Brit had brought this huge pink and red stuffed puppy (a Valentine's gift from her current beau) into the living room and was sitting on the couch with it and Kaitlyn. Jacob saw it and wanted to hold it. Brit told him the dog's name was "Joe" and then let him play with him. Brit went down the hall to her room and upon returning, heard this conversation:

Jacob: "Hi Joe. My name is Jacob. It's nice to meet you." (Said while holding Joe's head in between his hands. It was a kodak moment if ever but she didn't let me know in time to grab the cam and snap.

Jacob was also unhappy when Brit tried taking the aforementioned Joe to her room when she got Katey to take that little nap. Jacob told Brit that HE wanted Joe with him. It was cute. And the dog is almost bigger than Jacob but that little guy drug it around thru the house for the evening. Wonder if this means B should get a real puppy for him? (Just kidding B!)

And Katey wasn't really starving. She just thought she was since we offended her by offering her formula. Silly us! B warned us though but Brit didnt' believe her.

So, I am thinking maybe it's a good thing to practice with live babies before Paul and I bring one into the family here. Katey kept us on our toes tonight. That's ok though. We still love her and her big brother and will gladly keep them anytime B needs us too. :) We did after all manage to sooth Katey in the end. And get Jacob to help clean up. And he got to take home Chicken Run for his pains since he only watched it 3 times while he was over.

But, what about Breezy, you say? Well, the Squeezy Monster is turning 10 on Monday! Yep! That's right, 10 yrs ago Monday, she was born. We haven't talked all week. I hope that she calls tomorrow or answers her phone for me then. She had called last Sunday after I tried calling her but her daddy was going to the store so she begged to call me back later cause she wanted to go too. I'm still waiting on that call and didn't get an answer the 2 times I tried her this week. *sigh* Life goes on. So, in honor of Miss Bria's 10th birthday, I had my friend make me this little animated signature for my forums: . I had her put in there ALL the things that Bria loves me to call her as well as her favorite stuff like pigs and Bratz dolls. I can't believe she is going to be 10. Seems like just yesterday she was the size of Kaitlyn. *sigh* Time flies. And that is how I spent part of my week.

So, I hope you enjoyed your trip to my house. And Happy Happy Birthday Brianna! I love you and miss you! (not that you will see this till you come here for the summer but still!)

edited because Blogger won't quit changing the format of the animated siggy made for Brianna's b-day! :( It has about 8 little scenes it flashes thru and it's very cute. *sigh*

7 comments:

B said...

Katie was very happy when she came home last night. I think she was just fooling y'all! Thanks for taking them last night!

dani said...

lol B. She was very happy after her bath. And we loved having them. Can't you tell we adore them? I dedicated this entry to them and my kids (whom you have to know I love!) :)

Shana said...

B's lucky to have such a great and patient babysitter so close by. Sounds like you handled it all like a pro.

Trick said...

Thanks for the updates from up there. I can't believe Breezy is so old already. I hope she has a fantastic day.

B said...

Double Happy B-day (pun intended) to Breezy! We can't wait for summer :D

Anonymous said...

Scott and I put a little something in the mail for Brianna today. It will get there late but I think it is fun to stretch out birthday surprises as long as one can!

I spent parts of 5 days last week in an orthodontist's office. We have 1 more appointment on Friday. Brent had his braces removed and his retainer fitted and tweeked and Scott's teeth are to to point that they need orthodontic intervention, so I am shuttling him around for 1st and 2nd opinions.

dani said...

Good luck with all that Lara. I talked with Breezy last night and also talked to her dad about getting her started on the braces trail as well. He's supposed to look into it and get back with me. I suggested to him if he thinks it is easier that we could get them put on here this summer where Brit goes and then he can just arrange the follow up care for there after. *shrugs* As long as we get them done before we wait as long as things went for Brit. She could be out of hers by now too if I could have done it when she was 11.

I'm sure Bria won't mind the late package. Catherine's and your mom's will be late to her as well. Gives her something to look forward to. She opted for us to work on her room here for her bday this year. I think we will be painting over the summer. And I think I want to try my hand at doing some stensiling for her room too. I know I can free hand the stuff I want there as long as I have a smaller pic to look at from time to time...