We R Da Nuts

28 May 2010

All hurdles cleared!

I'm happy to report that we have managed to jump and clear all the hurdles we had for this week (well, except for the tons of laundry).

Paul received his offer letter from his soon-to-be employer and it answered all the questions we had for the immediate future. :) We're happy that there will be no pay cut for him.

Court for Bria went well. She was polite and kind of shy during the proceeding. The judge (commissioner) was tough but gentle with her. Paul and I being there to report that Bria has had a better attitude lately was helpful to her cause. She will only have to do 35 hours of community service in the next 2 months but I am sure she can get it done. She is under a no-contact order with the girl she took the car with until they are both 18. Good thing they don't attend the same Jr Highs.

We had our last family therapy and it was bittersweet to come to an end. I feel a bit like I'm in a canoe going downstream w/out paddles at the moment but it's just cause I had come to really like the family therapy appointments. I feel like we learned alot from them.

And we have completed week 4 of 13 Strengthening Families classes. Honestly, they are helping me not feel so lost w/out the family therapy. We've worked on some of the same things we worked on in family therapy so it's nice to have that help.

Bria finished 8th grade today. She's happy that she will be a 9th grader next year. I hope she does better academically than she did this year. We're pleased that she moves on, too.

We can breathe sighs of relief that this week's hurdles have been cleared. :)

No comments: