We've been hit by a bug in our house. Just a lil' bug but it's gotten in good. First sign of it, Paul had a slight runny nose and a cough. He seemed to get over it when it attacked me. Had me down with a sinus headache after I thought I had gotten past the drainage. Ugh!
Felt better on Monday but then Paul felt bad again. By Wednesday, we knew this critter was here for a while. Paul ended up missing work that day due to his illness.
I was feeling well however. Spent a part of the day over at B's house chatting with her and playing with the kids. Megan didn't want me to go home when I left but I felt I should go and check up on Paul. I had left him in the shower when I dashed to B's because of some mail we had received that belonged to her SIL. Kaitlyn wasn't in much of a mood for Aunt Dani during my visit there. She much prefers Mommy these days. Jacob had been napping when I arrived. He was burning up with fever and well needed that nap.
All things being what they are, I left B's house as well as I had arrived there. Thursday morning had us out as a family to see the orthodontist. Ok, so as a family we don't need an orthodontist but Paul and I needed to approve the plans and make payment arrangements for the braces that Brit doesn't want. *sigh* But that is another post. :)
By Thursday night, I couldn't hardly keep my eyes open. Those who know me well can vouch that this is unusual as I am usually pretty wide awake til the wee hours of the morning. Not so on this day. By 8 pm, I was sawing some serious logs on the couch in front of the TV. My intent had been to lay there and watch CSI and Without a Trace but my heavy eyelids just closed ever so slowly and slyly.
I roused about 9:15 but only long enough to empty my bladder and find a more comfortable position on my couch. Two hours later, I made yet another trip to the bathroom and adjusted myself once more on the couch. Brit was heading off to bed at this point. *mutters something inaudible about poor mothering skills* 1 am found me yet again awake and in need of relief. I decided that this time, rather than continue my vigil on my couch, I would join Paul in the bed. Well, IF he were in the bed. I also decided that the niggling cough that had been bothering me since mid afternoon needed to go, so I resigned myself to taking some cough syrup. I asked Paul to fetch me some as I gathered my pillows and blanket, cup, book, glasses, cell phone, and home phone and headed back to the bedroom. I paused long enough to down the dreaded potion and began readying myself for bed.
I gave this up after the cough syrup refused to stay down. I hastily threw those items in my arms still onto the bed, grabbed up the trashcan from the floor, and heaving and retching, made to return to the bathroom. I ended up sitting down in the doorway to our room and blocking the upper end of the hallway. I could make it no further. This was NO good.
Paul was kind of enough to fetch me yet another draught of that nasty potion along with a cool wet washrag and some tissues. Thus, I sat calming my troubled tummy in my bedroom doorway while cleaning the sweat from my brow. Stomach settled, cough syrup once again consumed and staying down this time, I slowly made my way back to the bed. Paul was even a dear and cleaned out my trashcan and returned it to me in case of further need during the night. :) We fixed our bed for sleeping and climbed in. I then decided that it was MUCH too warm in our room though the heater was not blowing. And yet, I was freezing. Most certainly this could only mean one thing. Yep! Fever and chills. Ugh! How I hate to be sick. First temp was 100.4. It hovered about this area for most of the night though near dawn it was as high as 101.3. Thru out the day Friday, it hovered between 99.6 and 100.4. Friday night saw it still fluctuating between these digits but it finally broke about 10 am on Saturday.
Never has a body felt so glad to be fever free and able to be out from under the covers. My body was feeling stiff from the necessary bedrest. The fever stayed at bay most of the day Saturday though it did return briefly just before bed.
Having gotten over the feverish part, I felt I was on the mend for sure. Well, then began the phleghm coughing and choking. Paul and I have rattly sounding chests from all the phlemghm that NEEDS to exit our chests now. The cough syrup (tussin DM) is a nasty tasting yet necessary evil so we are doing our duty and swallowing said evils. Hopefully, we haven't much longer to suffer this bug.
We'll gladly say adieu to it and HOW! :)
05 March 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow. I hope you will feel beter soon. Plus, with that puking, maybe you should pee in a cup.
Thanks Taffy! We're on the mend today. Sort of! Mainly have just a niggling cough left over today.
I'm not ready to pee in any cups. LOL! I'm only on day 24 or so of my cycle and that usually ranges from 35 + days. Besides, I was only puky the one time though I have been feeling nauseous yesterday and today. I'm sure it's nothing to pee in a cup over though. :) But, thanks for the idea. :)
Well, I am glad I am finally getting around to reading blogs tonight, and to hear from you. I guess these blogs are a great answer to my repeated pleas for replies to my emails. It's nice. Anyway, it is not nice to hear about the nasty physical health, but it seems by the time I am reading this, you are much better, and I am glad.
Plus, too bad I seem to be the only one in the family pregnant. I don't think I have ever experienced that before!
Post a Comment